Today’s post is inspired by my recent visit to my favorite store ‘Forest Essentials’ (Man I literally have to drag myself out of that store, the smell, the packaging, the ingredients ! Ahh ! just wonderful ) Well so I did no buy anything for myself (Yes I swear!); but I definitely couldn’t resist for asking samples 😀 While he was luring me to buy his stuff; I saw the wonderful facial ubtan’s ! Honestly I did not feel like buying them coz they are really easy to make at home as well. So me being me I came back and immediately made my self a good batch of my homemade facial ubtan.
Facial Ubtan’s are dated back centuries old where the Egyptian queens used to indulge themselves in various Ubtan’s each having their own natural magic! Ubtans are basically used to wash your face, but I also like them as quick face packs, they are refreshing and a much needed natures dose for my skin!
Now this Ubtan I have been using since last 1 month everyday as my morning facewash and sometimes as a mask as well . It also works great as a mild exfoliant.
Here’s a closer peek on my homemade facial ubtan batch !
So here goes the recipe of ‘Homemade Facial Ubtan’
- 2 big tbsps – Plain Powdered Quaker Oats (Please do not use the flavoured one’s here)
- 1 tsp – Tureric (Haldi)
- 1 big tbsp – Kasturi Manjal (Amba Haldi powder) – Don’t worry this does not stain
- 1 big tbsp – Orange peel powder (homemade) – If you do not have this the above three ingredients are also fine
Procedure: (I had made this batch a month back so I’m sorry I do not have Live pictures but I promise it is very easy so you won’t miss the live pictures 🙂 )
Mix all the above powders together and fill it in an air tight container ! Yup that’s it.
This simple step towards your skin will fetch you the following benefits:
Oats: I LOVE THEM ! Yes I love the feel of my skin after using oats.
- Oats are known for their skin lightening effect and also for the soft glow it imparts
- They are a bliss to dry skin beauties as they act as most natural form of moisturizer available in Nature
- Oats are great for Acne prone skin as well, due to its anti-inflammatory properties
- Having mild exfoliation qualities they are best used powdered; mixed with warm water
Turmeric: My saviour for summers!
- Turmeric is all around the world known for it’s antibacterial qualities and helps combat the summer acne attacks.
- It is also helps lighten the skin and clear the tan
Kasturi Manjal (Amba Haldi): Love this since it leaves no stains !
- Kasturi Manjal (Amba Haldi) has the same benefits as turmeric, but the best part is it does not leave any yellow stain on your skin or your clothes
- Kasturi Manjal (Amba Haldi) is great for removing dermal pigmentation as well
- Used by most brides, Kasturi Manjal helps impart fresh natural glow on your face
Orange Peel Powder: Love the refreshing smell !
- The citrus’y fruit is not only yum from inside, but great as a natural skin brightener from the outside.
- Orange peel powder will refresh your tired and dull skin making it happy !
- Great skin brightener
- Orange peel powder also helps reduce the appearance of large pores
- It also acts as a mild exfoliant
I’m sure after reading the benefits you would want to stick to this to wash your face. The best tip that I would give here is use this as your morning facewash since your skin is not loaded with any products so you don’t really need a harsh face wash. It’s a great breakfast for your skin !
Other ways that you can use this Homemade Facial Ubtan:
- Mix it with Curd to make a great face pack for Pigmentation
- Mix it with Honey and rosewater to nourish and moisturise your skin
- If you have extremely dry skin, mix it with malai and milk
- You can also mix it with cucumber juice to give a lightening and cooling effect to your skin
- If you are dealing with Acne scars, you can mix tomato juice in it
Just prepare this facial ubtan and store it in an air tight container it will easily stay for 2 months if stored in a cool dry place. Hope you all liked it and will be using the benefits that Nature has gifted us 🙂
Do let me know in what way did your skin thank you for this homemade facial ubtan. See you soon …
Love and Light,