Helloooooo! I had gone on a vacation and trust me I am officially in love with Norway. It is a fairy tale country and I just didn’t want to come back. I can literally go on and on talking about my trip.. but I won’t bother you guys.. I hope you saw the northern lights pictures I had shared on Instagram! It was breathtaking.
Anyway, the trip had made my hair a little dry because of the cold weather, so when I was back I really needed some TLC for my hair. I have never been happy with a ready use hair masks and so I always create my own. This time I decided to concoct something that would get the lost nourishment back to my hair and also make it soft. This recipe was BANG ON! My hair was so so so soft (I swear!) and it lasted for days 🙂
Here’s the recipe for Rich creamy hair mask:
- Shea Butter (Organic and Raw) – 1 tbsp
- Avocado oil – 1 tbsp
- Almond Oil – 1/2 tbsp
- Olive Oil – 1/2 tbsp
- 1 table spoon of hot water (Change this as per the consistency you want)
Procedure for preparing Rich Creamy Hair Mask:
- In a bowl scoop out a nice big tablespoon of creamy Shea butter
- Add the oils – Avocado, Almond and Olive Oil
- Take your hand blender and blend it into creamy smooth texture. Ensuring the butters and oils are mixed well.
- Since I wanted a little loose creamy consistency I added 1/2 a table spoon of hot water. But please ONLY add water if you are sure to use the mask within an hour. THIS IS IMPORTANT, else you may end up with a mask filled with bacteria!
- Apply evenly in your hair and wash it off after 30 minutes.
Bonus Tip: If you want to make this richer, add a spoonful of desi homemade ghee as well!
I genuinely loved this mask and I am sure you all will fall in love too. My hair felt soft for the entire week. The oils and butters are so nourishing; I now intend use this twice in a month 🙂
Hope you liked the recipe. The video of the final product is up on my Instagram page.. You can see it here.