Skin Lightening and Pigmentation Face Pack
Hope the weeks going along fine 🙂 Today I have got a really simple and a very effective recipe for skin lightening and pigmentation. Now this one’s coming straight from my kitchen! Well there is one ingredient which is almost always mentioned in any of skin lightening/brightening products which is ‘Liquorice’ also sometimes written as ‘licorice’. I thought of experimenting this powerful herb with another powerful ingredient and it indeed turned into a potent mixture!
So read on to find out which is the other magical ingredient that will finally answer your prayers for a lighter/brighter skin and an effective anti-pigmentation face pack.
Ingredients for skin lightening and pigmentation face pack:
- Yastimadhu or Mulethi or Liquorice powder – 1tbsp
- Cooked oats – 1 tsp (cooked in water if you have oily skin and cooked in milk if you have dry skin)
- Your favourite natural toner or rose water – to form a paste (I have used my Auravedic toner here to add onto the benefits)
- Cook the oats in water or milk as mentioned above and let it cool
- Add the liquorice root powder and mix well
- Add rose water or any liquid to make a thick paste
How to use this Skin Lightening and Pigmentation Face pack:
- Wash your face with warm water and ensure it is clean
- Apply the pack evenly and massage into skin for 5 minutes
- Leave it on for another 15-20 minutes
- Wash it off with Luke warm water
- Rinse last with cold water and moisturise
- Use this daily or at least thrice a week for 1 month to see the results
Benefits of the ingredients in this skin lightening and pigmentation face pack:
Liquorice is a great herb in Ayurveda which is not only great for health and throat but also beneficial for skin and hair
- Liquorice as a natural element has a mild smoothing and brightening action
- Used in serums, spot treatments, cleansers, and moisturizers, it helps in the fading of hyper- pigmentation and sun damage for all skin tones in a safe manner
- It blocks melanin production to prevent the formation of hyper-pigmentation. Its usage leaves the skin brighter, hydrated and clearer
- The root extracts are potent for red, acne-prone skin as well as for dull complexions and dehydrated skin
- Oats are known for their skin lightening effects as well as improving the skin tone and texture and smoothing out blotchy areas
- They are great skin cleansers as they contain ‘saponins’
- It creates a protective barrier for your skin and makes your skin very soft and smooth to touch
Bonus tip-Additional Ingredients that you can add:
- Rice Powder – Great for soft and bright skin
- Raw organic honey for amazing moisturising effect
Don’t make it too complicated by adding various ingredients keep it simple and use it consistently for at least 1-2 months to notice the results. This is one of the best recipe’s to lighten your skin, tan and pigmentation. Also works effectively on dark circles!
So why wait? Go make yourself this potent face pack 😀 Till then see you soon…
Would love to hear your experiences below!