Stretch Marks: All Natural Ways To Remove Stretch Marks
Hey Beautiful people!
Hope your week started on a good note and ends on an even better note
Today I thought of touching a topic which is very important for us girls and for some a matter of self esteem. Stretch Marks are a part of almost all our lives if not now then after pregnancy and they really can haunt us and affect our self esteem. We are still not very open and accepting about these marks and hence prefer to keep our problems to ourselves, but why? It is absolutely OK to have stretch Marks and the best thing is, we do have some very effective home remedies to get rid of stretch Marks or atleast lighten them.
So let’s not get sad about the existence of stretch marks in our lives and let’s take steps to get rid of them! These are home remedies and hence will work differently on different people but with patience and dedication these are sure to show some good results and not very heavy on your pockets as well
Stretch Marks: All Natural Ways To Remove Stretch Marks:
1. Cocoa Butter:
Cocoa Butter is one of the easiest ways to get rid of your stretch marks. Apply cocoa butter twice a day on your stretch marks, massage well in circular motions and you will see your stretch marks fade away or lighten within 1 to 2 months.
Buying Tip: Make sure you are buying unrefined/raw cocoa butter, that is in the best form and you will reap the maximum benefits out of it
2. Stretch Marks cream:
This is my recipe and a very effective one for reducing those stretch marks. This gel cream can be prepared and stored for a month in a clean, dry, cool place It will take just 5 minutes to prepare!
Ingredients Required for this homemade stretch marks cream:
- Vitamin E oil – 3 capsules (You can use those gel capsules available just puncture it and remove the oil from it)
- Egg Oil: 10-15 drops
- Rose Hip Oil: 20-25 drops
- Carrot seed oil: 10 drops
- Grape seed oil: 10-15 drops
- Almond Oil: 10-15 drops
- Coconut oil: 15-20 drops
- Tamanu or sea buckthron oil- 10 drops
- Base: Aloevera Gel (Organic)
Mix all these ingredients in aloe vera gel and store it in the refrigerator (if you are living in a humid climate) otherwise leave it in a cool, dry, dark place and use as required.
Usage: Massage this cream into your skin twice a day. one Massage should last for 10-15 minutes. Over time you will see your stretch Marks fading away.
3. Vicks Vapor Rub trick!
Yes I am talking about our local remedy for cold vicks vapor rub! Though let me tell you here that the makers of vicks vapor rub do not claim it as a remedy for stretch marks but it does work! The reason is that Vicks vapor rub contains a mix of eucalyptus oil, cedar leaf oil, petrolatum, camphor and turpentine oil, these oil helps to tone the skin and thus reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
How to Use Vicks Vapor rub for stretch Marks:
- Apply Vicks Vapor rub on your affected area and massage it well till you feel it has absorbed.
- Now use a cling wrap and wrap your affected area with the cling wrap.
- For legs, wrap it in a circular motion until you’ve reached a full circle.
- For stomachs, do the same.
- For bums, do the same but if you go to the bathroom at night you will need to reapply ONLY the plastic wrap unless you wish to do the remedy all over again.
- Once you are done wrapping yourself wear leggings or tights and go off to bed. Yes this is best used at night because i’m sure it is not comfortable moving around with a cling wrap in the day!
I know this might sound funny ! But it is one of the effective remedies used for stretch marks.
4. Lemon Juice:
Vitamin C is a hero ingredient when healing any kind of scars or wounds. It is the same when it comes to stretch marks as well. Apply lemon juice twice a day, massage well and let it remain.
5. Raw Egg Whites:
Egg whites are also great for healing stretch marks. Apply egg whites on the affected area, massage well and let it remain for 20 minutes. Wash it off after 20 minutes and you can apply the above mentioned cream after that
6. Exercise: Exercise is often overlooked as a stretch mark treatment. However, it can be among the most effective of remedies. Toning your muscles will definitely help you get the right look! and not to forget it will make you feel great
7. Diet: With all these topical home remedies for stretch marks a good balanced diet and exercise will always help. Healthy foods promote healing and tissue regeneration. By consuming a diet high in fruits and vegetables, you give your body the vitamins and minerals it needs to regenerate new skin cells. Supplementing vitamins A, C and E can also be effective, as they are among the most important vitamins for ridding the body of stretch marks. Ensure you are drinking atleast 10 glasses of water to keep your self hydrated.
- Be sure to exfoliate you skin well.
- You can use a mixture of sugar, lemon and honey to exfoliate your skin naturally.
- Exfoliation will help you remove the dead skin cells on your body and will help the oils, creams or butter to penetrate easily making them more effective
Many Many thanks to my bestie Astha Srivastava for suggesting and inspiring me to write on this topic, Thank you girl! Love ya…
So start off fresh with these home remedies and always keep smiling no matter what!
Life is way beyond all these minuscule issues, and for these minuscule issues you do have me
Have you tried any other home remedies for stretch marks? do share it with us